about my work...

"I paint Niagara for the same reason Monet painted his haystacks over and over ...the ever changing light".

Creativity art workshops & retreats

Creativity art workshops & retreats
See website for other locations www.permissiongranted.org

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Niagara Falls to Quebec-plein air painting

The evening we arrived in Quebec City, the temperature was wonderful. The spirit was willing but, after the twelve and a half hour train trip, we thought it best to get a fresh start in the morning.


Morning on the first day brought rain that continued steady, but, not heavy all day long.

The large gazebos lining the Rue des Carrieres, provided a wonderful view in any direction for plein air painting.

My morning painting included a brilliantly colored foliage tree, something I rarely paint.
I am working with M.Graham oil paints for the first time. Aside from the alkyd medium, to hopefully speed drying some for transport back, I am finding the consistency is working well for me and I don't need turps or other medium.



After a wonderful lunch at a nearby cafe' Relais Place D armes Ltee, we perused a number of galleries. One you may want to visit is Galerie Cimon-35 rue De Buade, and had a chat with Lillian who is very knowledgeable about local artists.

As the rain continued, we sought shelter on the large stone entrance to the Ontario Tourism building and I was able to complete this painting of Monseigneur De Laval, near Rue Port Dauphin.

We stayed at Maison du Fort on Ste. Genevieve', a wonderful little B&B/hotel hybrid, convenient to everything, with our charming hostess, Marielle.


to be continued...


http://www.jrbaldini.com/