about my work...

"I paint Niagara for the same reason Monet painted his haystacks over and over ...the ever changing light".

Creativity art workshops & retreats

Creativity art workshops & retreats
See website for other locations www.permissiongranted.org

Monday, July 7, 2008

Plein air painting workshop - Monhegan Island


Monhegan Island Workshop
click on image to enlarge
The workshop starts this morning - what a nice group we have.

This is the first DIVA workshop on Monhegan.
Will post more info after today - paintings, video, etc.

Yesterday, Lobstercove was in fog in the afternoon. Did a small acrylic, as my paints have not yet arrived and Molly lent me some of her acrylics.
The effect of objects in the landscape appearing and disappearing in that atmosphere is such a delight to paint.
I also did some photographs of some of the 'tourist cairns' or 'stones of Monhegan', as they're called. From certain angles, I found them fascinating, in that size perspective could be dramatically altered.

more on Monhegan Island workshop later...

Jacq