about my work...

"I paint Niagara for the same reason Monet painted his haystacks over and over ...the ever changing light".

Creativity art workshops & retreats

Creativity art workshops & retreats
See website for other locations www.permissiongranted.org

Friday, October 19, 2007

Plein Air Painting - International Plein Air Painters

My catalyst to starting International Plein Air Painters organization, was the disappearance of elements in my landscape canvas, through the years - buildings torn down, climate change because of city infostructure in Niagara Falls, green space receeding and a host of other slow, unnoticeable changes, in the name of progress.

Along with the fact that since plein air painting has always been regional and artists were traveling to international locations frequently - the time for an organization without borders or regions had come, a place for artist to make contacts worldwide.

I paint plein air for many reasons, one of which is to call attention to the everyday, the neglected, the time worn, and show the drama or quiet beauty around us by painting with light.

I have come to know many plein air painters as a result and am happy to call them friends.
As I look toward the 7th year of IPAP, I hope to be able to interract with more members and do a bit more traveling in the process.

Happy 6th Birthday IPAP !

J.R. Baldini, founder
http://www.jrbaldini.com/
http://www.i-p-a-p.com/