about my work...

"I paint Niagara for the same reason Monet painted his haystacks over and over ...the ever changing light".

Creativity art workshops & retreats

Creativity art workshops & retreats
See website for other locations www.permissiongranted.org

Thursday, August 16, 2007

ARTIST STATEMENT

About the Artist. . .

As a child Jacqueline, spent lunch hours in Munson Williams Proctor Institute Museum, when other children were on the playground. She was more at home in a solitary world that included books and art, and most fascinated by Thomas Cole (February 1, 1801 - February 11, 1848) was a nineteenth century American artist; is regarded as the founder of the Hudson River School, an American art movement that flourished in the mid-19th century and was concerned with the realistic and detailed portrayal of nature.) Series of paintings called the "Voyage of Life" and spent countless hours immersed in the atmosphere that these tremendously large paintings created.Childhood - Youth - Manhood - Old. Age At the age of 10, her parents sent her to Munson Williams Proctor School of Art where she spend evenings and Saturday mornings emersed in the artists world that held such fascination for her.

Artist Statement

Plein-Air Painting is a metaphysical skill capable of creating an image that lets the viewer 'Be there in the moment' when viewing the painting. J. R. Baldini

If I had to name one of the most influential elements in my artistic life, I would have to write a description of the magical state of consciousness one experiences on Monhegan Island.I have not, to this point in my life, experienced Monhegan personally in words. I believe painting or visual art is suffocated by verbal description.

Years ago when I met the great Hollywood and Broadway actor and artist Zero Mostel on the island, I invited him to a painting critique. He asked what we did at these critiques (which, I might add, had accumulated quite a following). With a feined look of horror on his face he boomed,"my dear, art is to be appreciated not criticized!"

You have certainly heard someone comment-I don't know much about art...But, that is not true. Words aren't necessary to express appreciation for visual art, your spirit tells you when you are moved by a creation.

Enjoy your visit here and may you leave with a work of art in heart.
Click here to listen to an interview with Jacqueline about Plein Air Painting
http://www.jrbaldini.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment